Christ Church, Burbage

Recent Photograph of Christ Church (Burbage)

Christ Church was erected in 1861 (Kelly's Directory), and Burbage became a separate parish in 1869, being formed from Hartington Upper Quarter. In 1975, however Burbage was combined once again, along with Harpur Hill and King Sterndale, to be part of the united parish of Buxton.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 4th September 2006.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Burbage/ChristChurch.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library