Cubley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CUBLEY, a parish in the hundred of APPLETREE, county of DERBY, 6 miles (S. by W.) from Ashbourn, containing 439 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacy of Marston-Montgomery annexed, in the archdeaconry of Derby, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £13. 16. 3., and in the patronage of the Earl of Chesterfield. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. A fair is held here on the 30th of November.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Cubley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library