St Anne's Church, Millers Dale (2)

Recent Photograph of St Anne's Church (2) (Millers Dale)

St Anne's Church is a Chapel of Ease of Tideswell, and according to Derbyshire Record Office's Parish Register Guide, was opened in 1879.

It is on the right (north) side of the main road from Tideswell to Buxton (B6049), at the crossroads where the road from Cressbrook Mill, following the bank of the river Wye up from the Bakewell direction, joins on the left. The old road from Tideswell, - now called “Meadow Lane” - doubles back on the right. If you're wondering why it's the old road, look at the limestone cliffs behind the church, as that's the direction it has to climb!

A short distance along the road, in the Buxton direction, is the former Millers Dale Railway Station, and nearby is the pub - “The Anglers Rest”.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 25th March 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/MillersDale/StAnne2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library