Osmaston by Ashbourne

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

OSMASTON, a parish in the hundred of APPLETREE, county of DERBY, 2 miles (S.E. by S.) from Ashbourn, containing 296 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Derby, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, and in the patronage of the Rector of Brailsford. The church, dedicated to St. Martin, has lately received an addition of forty-eight free sittings, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels having granted £50 towards defraying the expense.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/OsmastonAshbourne/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library