Pictures of the Past : Fountain Square, Tideswell

Old Postcard of Fountain Square (Tideswell)

This structure, named “The Fountain” was demolished in 1935, and the Bus Shelter occupies the area where it stood today. The War Memorial, on the opposite side of the Square, was not yet built when this photograph was taken, so it dates from some time prior to 1922.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

This is one of a series of postcards sent to Andrew's grandmother, Mary Elizabeth McCann (née Bamford) by friends and relatives living in Eyam.

Image contributed by Andrew McCann on 21st October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page:
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library