Methodist Church, Tideswell (1888)

Recent Photograph of Methodist Church (1888) (Tideswell)

White's Directory of 1857 mentions a Wesleyan Chapel built 1810, though this appears to have been superseded as Kelly's Directory of 1932 mentions the Wesleyan Chapel as built in 1889, with seating for 250. Both also mention a Primitive Methodist Chapel, with (in 1932) seating for 150.

In 2010, following the closure of the United Reformed Church in Parke Street, this is now dedicated as Tideswell Methodist and United Reformed Church.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie/Mike Berrell)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 25th March 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Tideswell/MethodistChurch.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library