Barnsley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BARNSLEY, a parish in the hundred of BRIGHTWELL'S-BARROW, county of GLOUCESTER, 4¼ miles (E.N.E.) from Cirencester, containing 318 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, within the peculiar jurisdiction of the Vicar of Bibury, rated in the king's books at £13. 15. 5., and in the patronage of Sir James Musgrave, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Here are quarries of good freestone.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Barnsley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library