Charfield

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHARFIELD, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of GRUMBALD'S-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (N. by W.) from Wickwar, containing 344 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £10. 1. 3., and in the patronage of the Rev. R.P. Jones. The church, dedicated to St. James, is principally in the later style of English architecture, with a low tower.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Charfield/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library