Tortworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

TORTWORTH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of GRUMBALD'S-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (W.) from Wotton under Edge, containing 277 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £16. 3. 9., and in the patronage of the Provost and Fellows of Oriel College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Tortworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library