Childs Wickham

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WICKHAM (CHILDS), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of KIFTSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (W. by S.) from Chipping-Campden, containing 428 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester rated in the king's books at £7. 16. 10., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of S. Young Esq The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/ChildsWickham/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library