Stanton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STANTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of KIFTSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (N.E. by N.) from Winchcombe, containing 269 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, with the perpetual curacy of Snowshill annexed, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £17. 11. 5., and in the patronage of the Rev. R. Wynniatt. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. The navigable river Wye bounds the parish on the north, and the Monmouth railway passes on the south.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Stanton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library