Cranham

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CRANHAM, a parish in the hundred of RAPSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 2½ miles (N.E. by E.) from Painswick, containing 321 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, consolidated with that of Brimpsfield, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £6. 6. 8., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Earl of Mount-Edgecumbe. The church is dedicated to St. James. There are manufactories for earthenware in the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Cranham/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library