Hartpury

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HARTPURY, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-AND-KINGS-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Newent, containing 811 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £16. 6. 5., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Gloucester. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Hartpury/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library