Hill

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HILL, a parish in the lower, though locally in the upper, division of the hundred of BERKELEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.N.E.) from Thornbury, containing 259 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester. Miss Langley was patroness in 1819. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The navigable river Severn runs through this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Hill/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library