Rockhampton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ROCKHAMPTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of LANGLEY-and-SWINEHEAD, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (N.E. by N.) from Thornbury, containing 159 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £15, and in the patronage of Danvers Ward, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald. The parish is partly bounded by the navigable river Severn.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Rockhampton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library