Littleton on Severn

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

LITTLETON-upon-SEVERN, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of LANGLEY-and-SWINEHEAD, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (W.) from Thornbury, containing 133 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the jurisdiction of the Consistorial Court of the Bishop of Bristol, rated in the king's books at £11. 4. 9½. Sir H.C. Lippincott, Bart, was patron in 1810. The navigable river Severn runs on the western side of this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/LittletononSevern/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library