Maisemore

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MAISMORE, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (N.N.W.) from Gloucester, containing 404 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £600 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Gloucester. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, is partly Norman, but principally in the decorated and later English styles. A branch of the navigable river Severn is here crossed by a bridge.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Maisemore/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library