Northwick

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

NORTHWICK, a chapelry in that part of the parish of HENBURY which is in the lower division of the hundred of HENBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 6 miles (S.W. by W.) from Tewkesbury; the population is returned with Redwick. It is within the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Bristol. The navigable river Severn runs through the chapelry.

REDWICK, a tything in that part of the parish of HENBURY which is in the lower division of the hundred of HENBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 6 miles (S.W. by W.) from Thornbury, containing, with the chapelry of Northwick, 257 inhabitants. It is within the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Bristol.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Northwick/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library