Norton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

NORTON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (N.E. by N.) from Gloucester, containing 349 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and £400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a small structure, principally in the later English style.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Norton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library