Old Sodbury

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SODBURY (OLD), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of GRUMBALD'S-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 1 mile (E.) from Chipping Sodbury, containing 803 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with the perpetual curacy of Chipping-Sodbury annexed, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £14. 8. 1½, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/OldSodbury/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library