Rudford

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

RUDFORD, a parish partly in the hundred of BOTLOE, and partly in the lower division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.W. by W.) from Gloucester, containing, with the hamlet of High Leadon, 189 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Hereford, and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The river Leadon separates this parish from that of Hartpury, and the Gloucester and Ledbury canal passes through it.

LEADON (HIGH), a hamlet in that part of the parish of RUDFORD which is in the lower division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (E.S.E.) from Newent, containing 92 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Rudford/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library