Staverton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STAVERTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of DEERHURST, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (W. by N.) from Cheltenham, containing 262 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £12, and in the patronage of the Crown by reason of lunacy. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The Gloucester and Cheltenham rail-road passes through the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Staverton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library