Swindon (Swindon Village)

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SWINDON, a parish in the hundred of CHELTENHAM, county of GLOUCESTER, 2¼ miles (N.N.W.) from Cheltenham, containing 201 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £13. 1. ½. The Rev. W. Romney was patron in 1807. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Swindon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library