Tormarton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

TORMARTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of GRUMBALD'S-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (E.S.E.) from Chipping-Sodbury, containing 320 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £27, and in the patronage of N. Castleton, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

LITTLETON (WEST), a chapelry in the parish of TORMARTON, lower division of the hundred of GRUMBALD'S-ASH, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (N.) from Marshfield, containing 109 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Tormarton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library