The Manor House, Almeley

Recent Photograph of The Manor House (Almeley)

The earliest part of Almeley Manor House dates from the 14th century. The two-storied porch and east wing were added about 1500. It was never occupied by the Lord of the Manor, but acted as a Court House for a time, and was later occupied by the Snead family. It is now in private ownership.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 4th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Almeley/ManorHouse.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library