Holy Trinity Church, Bosbury (E View)

Recent Photograph of Holy Trinity Church (E View) (Bosbury)

Showing the detached tower - built about 1230-40 - the lower walls are nearly 6 feet thick, and it appears to have been built as a defence during the time of Welsh incursions - or (the guide leaflet suggests) as a deterrent. Apparently it used to have a spire, which was struck by lightning in 1638, but which somehow nevertheless survived until 1812, when it was replaced with the present pitched roof.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 18th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Bosbury/HolyTrinity6.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library