Castle Frome

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

FROOME (CASTLE), a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 7 miles (N.N.W.) from Ledbury, containing 180 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 13. 4., and in the patronage of Francis Freeman, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The river Froome runs through the parish, in which there is a considerable quantity of limestone, also stone for building.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/CastleFrome/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library