John Harford Monument, Bosbury (1573)

Recent Photograph of John Harford Monument (1573) (Bosbury)

Two dramatic monuments, in the Chancel - this one on the south wall, for John HARFORD, d.1559. He and his son Richard were stewards of the Bishop of Hereford's Manor in Bosbury. John's Monument was erected in 1573, and by John Guldo of Hereford. The sarcophagus rests on the bodies of 2 lions; there are Tudor roses on the coffers, and the pediment has leaves surrounding a roundel, whilst above the effigy are decorations of flowers and shields.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 18th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Bosbury/HolyTrinity7.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library