Cradley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CRADLEY, a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, comprising the townships of East and West Cradley, and containing 1459 inhabitants, of which number, 739 are in the township of East Cradley, 7 miles (N. by E.) from Ledbury. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £18, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. James.

CRADLEY (WEST), a township in the parish of CRADLEY, hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 7 miles (N. by E.) from Ledbury, containing 720 inhabitants. A charity school is supported by subscriptions amounting to about £20 per annum.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Cradley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library