Mathon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MATHON, a parish in the lower, division of the hundred of PERSHORE, county of WORCESTER, 7 miles (N. by E.) from Ledbury, containing 633 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £8, endowed with £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Mathon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library