Holmer

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HOLMER, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (N.) from Hereford, containing, with the chapelry of Huntington, and the township of Shelwick, 524 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £6. 10. 8., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew.

HUNTINGTON, a chapelry in the parish of HOLMER, hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (W.N.W.) from Hereford, containing 82 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy with the vicarage of Holmer, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford.

SHELWICK, a township in the parish of HOLMER, hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (N.E. by N.) from Hereford. The population is returned with the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Holmer/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library