Inside St James's Church, Kinnersley

Recent Photograph of Inside St James's Church (Kinnersley)

The replacement of the Chancel Arch in a refurbishment in 1868 by Thomas Nicholson also resulted in the removal of the upper portion of a Jacobean Rood Screen, and the blocking of the staircase which gave access to it. The pulpit has 4 Flemish allegorical figures, and dates from c1530.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 28th July 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Kinnersley/StJames2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library