Upper Sapey

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SAPEY (UPPER), a parish in the hundred of BROXASH, county of HEREFORD, 6½ miles (N.N.E.) from Bromyard, containing 323 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £9. 5. 7., and in the patronage of Sir T. Winnington, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. A charity school, founded by Mr. Addingbroke, is endowed with about £10 per annum. In the neighbourhood are the remains of a single intrenched Roman camp.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/UpperSapey/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library