St Giles's RC Church, Cheadle

Recent Photograph of St Giles's RC Church (Cheadle)

“... a handsome Roman Catholic church, erected by the Earl of Shrewsbury in 1846, at the cost of £60,000, from designs by Pugin. It is in the pointed style of architecture, with a spire nearly 200 feet high, and contains a fine altar-piece.” (ex. 1868 Gazetteer)

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 11th June 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Cheadle/StGilesRC.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library