Gayton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

GAYTON, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 6 miles (N.E.) from Stafford, containing 284 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Mr. Fitzgerald. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. There is a trifling sum for the education of children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Gayton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library