The Cathedral, Lichfield (The Chapter House)

Recent Photograph of The Cathedral (The Chapter House) (Lichfield)

The Chapter House was completed in 1249, and was the place where church meetings would be held, with everyone having his own particular seat. Being stone, one can only imagine any business would have been completed as early as possible to prevent them all getting piles!

The cabinet on the left is part of an exhibition stand for visitors (currently of the Lichfield Gospels, which date from c.730AD). Above the Chapter House is the Cathedral Library.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Mel Lockie on 24th March 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Lichfield/Cathedral9.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library