Alderton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ALDERTON, a parish forming a detached portion of the hundred of CHIPPENHAM, county of WILTS, 7 miles (S.W. by W.) from Malmesbury, containing 176 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Sherston Magna, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to St. Giles.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Alderton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library