Alton Priors

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ALTON-PRIORS, a chapelry in that part of the parish of OVERTON which is in the hundred of ELSTUB-and-EVERLEY, county of WILTS, 7 miles (E. by N.) from Devizes, containing, with the tything of Stowell, 166 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints.

STOWELL, a tything in that part of the parish of OVERTON which is in the hundred of ELSTUB-and-EVERLEY, county of WILTS, 6 miles (S.W. by S.) from Marlborough. The population is returned with the chapelry of Alton-Priors.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/AltonPriors/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library