Blackland

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BLACKLAND, a parish in the hundred of CALNE, county of WILTS, if mile (S.E.) from Calne, containing 44 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, within the jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Calne in the Cathedral Church of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £3. 10. 10., and in the patronage of the Rev. James Mayo. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Blackland/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library