Norton Bavant

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

NORTON-BAVANT, a parish in the hundred of WARMINSTER, county of WILTS, 2 miles (S.E. by E.) from Warminster, containing 268 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books, at £6. 0. 10., and in the patronage of the. Crown, The church is dedicated to All Saints. Ann Jacob, in 1709, bequeathed £100, directing the interest to be applied for teaching poor children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/NortonBavant/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library