Sutton Veny

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SUTTON-VENEY, a parish in the hundred of WARMINSTER, county of WILTS, 2 miles (W.S.W.) from Heytesbury, containing 689 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £21, and in the patronage of - Thring, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, has lately received an addition of one hundred and fifteen sittings, of which seventy-five are free, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of, churches and chapels having granted £75 towards defraying the expense.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/SuttonVeny/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library