Holy Trinity Church, Eckington (South Aisle)

Recent Photograph of Holy Trinity Church (South Aisle) (Eckington)

This three-bay arcade dates from the late 12th century, according to Mike Salter's The Old Parish Churches of Worcestershire. He also suggests that there was originally a fourth bay, which was replaced by the Tower in the 15th century, and its rather substantial interior base, on the right of the photograph, serves to illustrate what he means!

There is also a North Aisle, which is “modern” - that is, dates from 1830.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 1st September 2008.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Eckington/HolyTrinity3.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library