Hollybush

Extract from Kelly's Directory of Worcestershire, 1896.
Transcribed by Rosemary Lockie, © Copyright 2012

All Saints' chapel of ease, HOLLY BUSH, about two miles from the village [Castlemorton], is a structure in the Gothic stye, consisting of nave, south porch and a western turret containing one bell: the services here are conducted by the vicar: there are sittings for about 90 persons. A small undenominational Mission Hall was erected here [Castlemorton] in 1892, at the expense of, and supported by, Lady Henry Somerset, and will seat about 100 persons.
[Kelly's Directory of Worcestershire, 1896]

Transcriber's Note The above is an extract from a description of Castlemorton (Hollybush's mother parish) in 1896. Hollybush was created a separate ecclesiastical parish in June 1912, encompassing parts of Eastnor and Ledbury, in Herefordshire, and Berrow, in Worcestershire, as well as a portion of Castlemorton itself. The announcement was published in The London Gazette on 28th June 1912, pp.4655-4656.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Hollybush/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library