Beeley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BEELEY, a chapelry in the parish of BAKEWELL, hundred of HIGH-PEAK, county of DERBY, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Bakewell, containing 350 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, within the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £1200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire. The chapel is dedicated to St. Anne. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Several small benefactions have been made for the relief of the poor.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Beeley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library