St Wilfrid's Church, Egginton (The Font)

Recent Photograph of St Wilfrid's Church (The Font) (Egginton)

The font was built in 1893 in Mansfield stone, to a design by the well known Victorian architect E.W. Godwin. It replaced one made from Bretby stone in 1780, costing 13s. 2d. The traditional position of the font was near the main entrance to receive children into the Church - but this one was only put into the present position after the blocking of the west door in 1891.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 7th September 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Egginton/StWilfrid6.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library