The Miners Arms, Eyam

Recent Photograph of The Miners Arms (Eyam)

The Miners Arms dates from 1630. The Barmote Court, which legislated in disputes over lead mining used to meet here, and the original date stone over the entrance in Water Lane has lead weighing scales carved on it.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Reference:
Merrill, John - Derbyshire Folklore, JNM Publications, Winster, 1988.
ISBN 0 907496 331 8.


Image contributed by Pete Howard on 21st May 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Eyam/MinersArms.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library