The Sundial, Eyam

Recent Photograph of The Sundial (Eyam)

The sundial was designed by Mr DUFFIN, Clerk to Mr SIMPSON of Stoke Hall, with the work carried out by a local stone mason William SHORE. The dial was constructed in 1775, and bears the names of Churchwardens William LEE and Thomas FROGGATT.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

References
[1] This Sundial at Eyam, and other Sundials in the country are featured on the website of the British Sundial Society - “Promoting the Art and Science of Gnomonics since 1989 ”.
[2] Fletcher, Rev J.M.J. - What To See In and Around Eyam: The Churchyard.


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 2nd July 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Eyam/Sundial.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library