The "Duck Pond", Foolow

Recent Photograph of The "Duck Pond" (Foolow)

The “duck pond”, or ‘mere’ is a walled pond, fed by an underground spring and formerly used for watering cattle - so unsurprisingly it was ‘nasty green water’ when young William Elliott (b. 1831) fell in!

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Image contributed by Pete Howard on 17th April 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page:
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library