Goatscliffe Cottages, Grindleford

Recent Photograph of Goatscliffe Cottages (Grindleford)

This row of 11 houses known as “Goatscliffe Cottages” were built in 1911 by the owner of Grindleford Laundry for his workforce. They were known originally as “Tanyard Row” as they were built over tan pits when the site had been occupied by Grindleford Tannery, but were renamed for obvious reasons!

Today they are much sought after properties and form a uniquely identifying part of the village.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Don Rimmington on 21st July 2001.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Grindleford/GoatscliffeCottages.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library