The Village School, Grindleford (2001)

Recent Photograph of The Village School (2001) (Grindleford)

The blue sign which is visible to the right of the larger window announces this is Grindleford Primary School. Formerly known as Eyam Woodlands, the School opened in 1876 for eighty pupils. Further information about the school may be found in the Annals of Eyam Woodlands School.

This photograph is taken of the entrance to the school at the rear. The kegs on the left of the photograph most likely belong to the Sir William Hotel next door!

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 22nd August 2001.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Grindleford/VillageSchool.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library